Welcome to… winter
Welcome to the first day of winter! We’re rugged up by the fire at our Hackney cellar door today enjoying our perfect winter wine, The Hundred of Moorooroo Limited Edition Fortified. A very special limited release wine, this golden caramel elixir was hand-harvested late in the season from luscious Pedro Ximenez grapes and barrel-aged for almost three decades. A small edition of very late harvest old vine Grenache rounds out this ambrosial blend.
The scent of molasses and honey washes over you from the moment you open the bottle. The intensity of flavour pulses across the tongue, with waves of chocolate, almonds, cedar, raisins and caramel cohering into an elegant finish of coffee, orange peel and spices.
Wyndham has been building this incredibly limited release wine since he first arrived in the Barossa Valley and so we’re very proud to be showcasing it through our cellar doors. The culmination of 35 years of passion, dedication and experience The Hundred of Moorooroo Limited Edition Fortified.
At our Signature Wine Dinner on Friday night we served a nip of this warming wine with a careful selection of international cheeses. It also makes a wonderful accompaniment to smoked almonds, dried fruits and very dark chocolate. We’re also loving this wine with Wyndham’s duck liver parfait (recipe below).
We invite you to savour the lingering delight that is The Hundred of Moorooroo Limited Edition Fortified this winter.
The Hundred of Moorooroo Limited Edition Fortified
available now online and in cellar door
Wyndham’s Duck Liver Parfait
- 250 grams cleaned duck livers
- 250 grams softened butter
- 3 finely diced shallots
- 1 clove finely minced garlic
- splash The Hundred of Moorooroo Limited Edition Fortified
- salt and white pepper
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 100 grams clarified butter
- a small handful of whole sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
1. Cover the livers in lightly salted cold water and soak for 30 minutes, remove from the water and pat dry.
2. Melt about a third of the butter in a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Gently sauté the shallots and garlic until softened then turn up the heat and add the livers, frying until lightly browned on all sides. Add a splash of The Hundred of Moorooroo Limited Edition Fortified and reduce slightly. Set aside to cool completely.
3. Season the livers with salt and white pepper, then tip into a high powered food processor. Add the cream and remaining butter and process until completely smooth. Pour through a very fine sieve into a bowl and check for seasoning.
4. Pour the mixture into a pâte dish or several small ramekins and place in the fridge to set.
5. Once the mixture has completely set, melt the clarified butter and add the sage leaves, frying gently for a few minutes until fragrant. Stir through the peppercorns, then pour the mixture over the set parfait and set in the fridge.
6. Serve with sourdough bread and pickles.