Silentium Sparkling Shiraz
To celebrate Wyndham and Tricia’s 25th anniversary we’re sharing our favourite celebratory drop Silentium Sparkling Shiraz.
Created from select barrels from the Lotties Vineyard, which are set aside, aged in oak for three years and then individually bottle-fermented on yeast lees for two and a half years in the traditional méthode champenoise. It’s an outstanding example of Barossa Sparkling Shiraz, that has a heady aroma of fresh boysenberry, vanilla, spice followed by a bright, lively, moussey palate that sings with plum. The finish is warm and well rounded, and you’ll detect notes of fresh strawberry.
Jodie’s Chocolate Hazelnut Torte
- 150g butter
- 150g dark chocolate
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- 125g hazelnut meal
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- extra cocoa to dust
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius, grease cake pan and line with baking paper.
2. Combine butter and chocolate in a bowl placed over a pot of boiling water and stir until melted.
3. Place cocoa in a bowl and add 1/3 cup of boiling water and stir until smooth.
4. Add chocolate and butter mixture, hazelnut meal, sugar and egg yolks to cocoa and stir to combine.
5. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form, then fold into cake mixture.
6. Pour into prepared cake pan and bake for 1 hour. Allow to cool completely before removing from cake pan. Dust with extra cocoa and serve with double cream, and fresh raspberries.