Silentium Sparkling Shiraz
Sparkling Shiraz is a Barossa classic. It’s the official breakfast wine of the Barossa and favourite holiday season and celebration go-to. Our Sparkling Shiraz is crafted in the traditional method, only in select years. We’re proud to include 2012 Silentium Sparkling Shiraz in our current vintage range, as 2012 was a standout year for reds across the Valley.
2012 Silentium Sparkling Shiraz was created from select barrels from the Lotties Vineyard, which were set aside to age in oak for three years. They were individually bottle-fermented then aged on yeast lees for two and a half years in the traditional méthode champenoise. This vintage is an outstanding example of Barossa Sparkling Shiraz, which has a heady aroma of fresh boysenberry, vanilla and spice followed by a bright, lively, mousse-like palate that sings with plum. The finish is warm and well rounded, and you’ll detect notes of fresh strawberry.
2012 Silentium Sparkling Shiraz
Available now online and in cellar door
Ruben’s Eggs Bénédict
- sourdough toast
- ham, spinach, bacon or smoked salmon
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- white pepper
- 3 egg yolks
- 200 grams clarified butter
- juice 1/2 lemon
1. Place vinegar, water and pepper in a pan and boil until reduced to approximately 1 tablespoon in volume. Melt the butter and place it in a jug.
2. Place vinegar mixture in a double boiler over gently boiling water. Add yolks and whisk thoroughly, until thick and foamy.
4. Slowly add the melted butter in a thin stream while continuing to whisk constantly. Once thick, creamy and fully emulsified add the lemon juice and salt to taste. Turn off the heat and serve as quickly as possible.
5. Poach eggs and serve on toast atop a layer of ham, spinach, bacon or smoked salmon, topped with a generous helping of Hollandaise, freshly cracked black pepper and fresh chopped parsley.