Shiraz is our lifeblood at Moorooroo, we’re proud to be a part of a Barossa legacy. Our journey begins with Shiraz, and our greatest pride is in crafting distinct Shiraz, with undeniable presence. A story in a glass, that conjures images of fire and earth, family and laughter, food and music. Join us on our journey.
The Moo Shiraz is a testament to the excellence of Barossa Shiraz. A medium-full bodied showcase of the region’s strengths, a textural experience driven by bright fruit intensity. Expect an aroma of dark berries and coffee, while the robust palate bursts with cherry and mint with a peppery finish.
Sparkling Shiraz is a Barossa classic, favoured by winemakers throughout the region. Silentium is born of select barrels from the Lotties vineyard set aside to age in oak for three years and then individually bottle fermented on yeast lees for two and a half years in the traditional méthode champenoise, producing an outstanding example of Barossa Sparkling Shiraz. Breathe in fresh boysenberry, vanilla and spice, while the palate is bathed in a lively mousse of vivid plums. A well rounded finish that inspires feelings of warmth and the taste of strawberry completes this sensory experience.
Very little needs to be said about the Lotties Shiraz. The Lotties vineyard is located in the heart of the historic Moorooroo district, our proud home. We hand pick to preserve the quality of the fruit and the health of the vines. Harvested late in the season when the ripeness of the fruit begins the wrinkle the berries, sacrificing yield in favour of the highest possible quality fruit.
Black on Black
Select barrels of rare and exceptional quality, set aside by Wyndham to mature in oak for five years. Once the wine has come to its fullest potential in barrel it is set aside to age further in bottle, for at least two years. Luxuriously textured, deeply complex with an intoxicating aroma of chocolate, vanilla and cigar box. Rich plums, black cherries and cocoa round out the palate, with a long, rich, velvety finish that suggests hints of dates and black fig.
Wyndham’s La Daube (Beef Stew)
- 2 kg gravy beef, diced into large pieces
- 1L high quality Barossa Shiraz
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 brown onions, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 bouquet garni
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 3 rashers diced streaky bacon
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- zest of 1/2 lemon and 1/2 lime
1. Place the beef, wine, vinegar, 2 of the onions, herbs and peppercorns in a covered bowl or plastic container and leave to marinade for at least 6 hours.
2. Strain off the liquid from the marinade and set aside the liquid in a separate container.
3. In a large, thick sided casserole dish heat the olive oil then brown the bacon with the remaining 2 onions, garlic and carrots. Add the beef and marinade vegetables without the liquid and cook until browned.
4. Pour in the marinade liquid and add the zest and 1/2 litre of warm water. Bring to boil and then reduce to low heat and simmer for at least 4 hours.
5. Serve with mashed potatoes and your Moorooroo Shiraz of choice.