2016 Samuel Nitschke Cabernets
new release vintage
available now online and in cellar door
Reuben’s Cheating, Lamb Roast
- 1 lamb leg or shoulder
- generous bunch of rosemary
- garlic cloves
- salt & pepper
1. Deeply score the lamb and insert garlic and rosemary. Season very generously with salt and pepper all over.
2. Place lamb in slow cooker, cook on high for 4-6 hours.
3. Pre-heat oven to very high for about 20 minutes. Remove lamb from slow cooker and place in oiled roasting tray. Roast on high for 20-30 minutes or until the edges of the lamb start to crisp and caramelise.
4. Place juices from slow cooker into a pan and bring to a boil over high heat, add pepper, stock, red wine, caramelised onion or mushrooms and reduce to create a sauce.
5. Serve with your sides of choice.